Welcome to ACC Federation of Neighborhoods
A coalition of neighborhood and citizens' groups in Athens since the 1960s, the ACC Federation of Neighborhoods exists to study and inform neighborhood groups and citizens about local issues that affect them. Many of our members are knowledgeable about local government (and some have become involved as citizens or as elected officials). We are independent and non-partisan, but ocassionally take public stands on issues.
Attend our upcoming programs! Free and open to the public, our monthly programs feature current community issues presented by knowledgeable panelists. The public, regardless of FON affiliation, is invited and audience questions are an important component of the agenda. We meet the first Monday of most months at Cine (234 West Hancock Avenue) in the Lab at 7:30 p.m.
Past programs sponsored by the Federation have included Crime and Justice (with local law enforcement officers and judges), Georgia General Assembly Session Reviews (with the local legislative delegation), Schools in the Community (with administrators, parents, and BOE members), Sustainable Development (with local advocates and elected officials), and Economic Development and the Arts (with staff and entrepreneurs). Additionally, we host regular candidate forums to coincide with election cycles.
We welcome ideas for relevant topics.
Tentative Slate of 2015 Programs:(All programs are subject to change.)
- January: No forum.
- February 2: Engaging Athens Through UGA Service-Learning
- March 2: The Town & Gown: Building Community Between our Neighborhoods and Our Institutions
- March 24: Special Program! Public Education in Athens at Timothy Baptist Church
- April 6: Growing Local: Food and Community
- April 28: Special Program! Public Education in Athens at Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church
- May 11: Prepare for Emergency, A Mini Emergency Preparedness Fair
- June 1: No forum.
- July: No forum.
- August: No forum.
- September 14: Legislative Review: From Athens to Under the Gold Dome
- October 5: What's Up Downtown?
- November 2: Movin' On Up: Growth and Development on the Eastside
- December 7: Holiday Gathering
Note: All programs must be regarded as tentative and subject to change.
Join the Federation
Annual dues are $15 for individuals and $30 for neighborhood or community groups.To download a membership form, click here.
Join the Federation Listserv
Subscribe via our Listserv website. As a member of this listserv, you will receive monthly email updates from the Federation about upcoming programs.
Find Out MoreQuestions? Email us at email@example.com.
The Votes are In! Our OfficersWendy Moore, President
Nance Daniels, Vice President
Suki Janssen, Secretary
Charles Apostolik, Treasurer
Our Board MembersFrances Berry, Past President
If you are interested in becoming a Federation Board Member, please contact Wendy Moore or Nance Daniels at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on the responsibilities of Board Members, see the Federation by-laws.